[TowerTalk] Crank up tower bracing rubbing against cable

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Crank up tower bracing rubbing against cable
From: SPWoo <jj_2_woo@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2012 09:49:32 -0700 (PDT)
Hi All,

I've discovered that my less than a year old TX-472 tower has three places
where the steel cable is rubbing against the tower.  Attached below is a link
to some photos of the problem.  In one spot the interference has worn away a
lot of metal and it caused some cable wear.  I was wondering if anyone has
experienced this and what I could do to remedy it.  I've sent the photos to US
Tower and I'm still waiting for their response.  I crank my tower down every
day and sometimes under light wind condition.  I don't know if wind has
anything to do with it.  Thank you and very 73.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/26071865@N02/

Best Regards,
Jonathan Woo, W6GX
(970) 646-1711