Re: [TowerTalk] Crank up tower bracing rubbing against cable

To: Justin Whitstine <powdermnky007@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Crank up tower bracing rubbing against cable
From: Bob K6UJ <k6uj@pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2012 13:26:04 -0700
Jonathon,

I had two bend several cross braces on my USTower also for the same problem.  I
stretched a string from top to bottom along
the round bar braces and two were bent in more than the others and these were
the two the cable was rubbing on.  I would avoid
hammering on the braces and devise a long pry bar that hooks around the brace.
I used a 10 foot length of 2 inch water pipe because that is what I had
on hand.  Hammering on the galvanizing can damage the galvanized coating and
create areas for rust to develop.
If you do decide to hammer, use a block of wood to protect the brace.
my two cents

73,
Bob
K6UJ