Re: [TowerTalk] Crank up tower bracing rubbing against cable

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Crank up tower bracing rubbing against cable
From: SPWoo <jj_2_woo@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2012 11:20:36 -0700 (PDT)
Hi All,

Thank you the replies.  I also received many replies in private.  Many of you
suggested of bending the bracing with a crow bar or hitting it with a piece of
wood.  Well, I tried both methods today and neither of them worked.  I would
need a really long crow bar to bend that thing.  The wood method didn't work as
the wood absorbed all the pounding.

I have an idea that might work and save me a lot of time.  My tower is very
close to my driveway.  I could tie a cable to the bracing and attach the other
end to a winch or a vehicle.  With a 300-500lb force I should be able to bend
the bracing just enough to clear the interference.  When retracted the tower
should be able to withstand the pulling force, I hope.  Since I don't have a
winch I will have to ask my neighbors for help.  I will report back on my
progress and result.  Thanks and 73.

Best Regards,
Jonathan Woo, W6GX
(970) 646-1711