Re: [TowerTalk] ground rod depth problem due to rocky soil -- solutions?

To: Jim Lux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] ground rod depth problem due to rocky soil -- solutions?
From: Michael Goins <wmgoins@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2012 11:42:12 -0600
Agreed, but for most people, connect/disconnect is by far the easiest way
to go if it's not overly inconvenient. For a contest multi-station,
absolutely stay connected because of the level of hassle otherwise. But for
joe semi-average ham, a clean break is simple and works 100% of the time
(assuming you do it each time, which I do).

Keeps lightning out of the house/station instead of trying to do something
with it when it arrives.

Michael Goins, K5WMG
Professor, Writing
University of Texas at San Antonio