Re: [TowerTalk] mast for two big antennas

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] mast for two big antennas
From: "Mike Ryan" <mryan001@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2012 13:51:56 -0500
I'm not a metallurgist either. I might have been sold chain link fence railings, but whatever it was I dragged up 160ft in the air, it work pretty well. I just googled 4130 and found the text below. All I can tell you is what I recall from memory of events of nearly 20 years ago. Your results may vary, good luck, good dx/ -M

4340 (chromoly) Normalized Alloy Steel
Minimum Properties Ultimate Tensile Strength, psi 186,000
Yield Strength, psi 125,000
Elongation 12.2%
Rockwell Hardness B100
Chemistry Iron (Fe) 96%