Re: [TowerTalk] Thrust Bearing...

To: Dave Cole <dave@nk7z.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Thrust Bearing...
From: Stan Stockton <wa5rtg@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2013 21:20:27 -0600
My opinion, unless you are putting up something bigger than what a TX-438 tower
is rated to handle, is that it is a waste of about a hundred bucks to use
anything more expensive than a four bolt flange  bearing with a clamp on the
mast resting on the bearing collar so you are not relying on set screws.  You
can spend $160 for a TB-3 or you can spend $30-40 on something that will do the
job just fine.  That has been my experience anyway.

73...Stan, K5GO

Sent from my iPad