Re: [TowerTalk] HamIV Rotor sluggish

To: "'Doug Snowden'" <dougn4ij@gmail.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] HamIV Rotor sluggish
From: "Dick Dievendorff" <dieven@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2013 16:39:08 -0800
I use heavy wire for some of the rotator leads.  In my case for a prop
pitch, I use direct burial 10-3 Romex (and it's actually in a conduit).
Heavy wire is expensive.

Another choice is to put a 110VAC to 24V power supply nearer the rotator
(perhaps at the base of the tower).  Then the wire to the 110VAC side can be
smaller.  One of my rotators has a separate supply, but because my tower is
only about 100 feet away from the garage I'm leaning toward installing that
box in the garage where the weather won't get to it.

73 de Dick, K6KR