Re: [TowerTalk] HamIV Rotor HUM

To: wa4jqs@mikrotec.com,TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] HamIV Rotor HUM
From: Missouri Guy <n0tt1@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 00:25:27 +0000
I had the "hum" problem right after I switched from a
quad to a beam antenna....nothing else was changed.
I would hear it in the receiver regardless of band or
mode.

It is a ground loop.  Right or wrong, I curred it by isolating the common
ground inside the rotator control box from chassis ground.  That
makes it a single point ground inside the rotator.  The chassis
ground in the control box is still connected to the safety ground
in the shack.

Hope that helps!

73,
Charlie, N0TT