Re: [TowerTalk] Coax

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Coax
From: Phil Snyder <n9lah@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2013 11:52:01 -0600
The coax I was looking at is the DXE-400MAX. It has a stranded center. The JEFA that is 399 for 1000 feet is not a Flex coax but appears to have a solid center conductor. The JEFA that has the stranded center is 399 for 500 feet. Since that price is a little closer to what DX Engineering is selling for I suppose maybe the DXE stuff might not be too good to be true. I just hadn't come across any other prices in that range and wondered how they could be selling it at that price.

I use the flex style due to the crankup tower and every antenna other than the dipoles have to have a rotor loop.

Phil
N9LAH