Re: [TowerTalk] Coax

To: n9lah@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Coax
From: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2013 12:54:38 -0500 (EST)
Why would you need all of it to be flex?  Only the part near the rotor
needs to be.

Bill K4XS

In a message dated 2/23/2013 5:52:20 P.M. Coordinated Universal Time,
n9lah@comcast.net writes:

The coax  I was looking at is the DXE-400MAX. It has a stranded center.
The JEFA  that is 399 for 1000 feet is not a Flex coax but appears to
have a solid  center conductor. The JEFA that has the stranded center is
399 for 500  feet. Since that price is a little closer to what DX
Engineering is  selling for I suppose maybe the DXE stuff might not be
too good to be  true. I just hadn't come across any other prices in that
range and  wondered how they could be selling it at that price.

I use the flex  style due to the crankup tower and every antenna other
than the dipoles  have to have a rotor loop.

Phil
N9LAH

On 2/23/2013  11:16 AM, Wilson Lamb wrote:
> So why is 78 cent Buryflex better than 39  cent Jefatech??
> WL
02/16/13