Re: [TowerTalk] Wire lubricant for cable pull thru conduit

To: "'Grant Saviers'" <grants2@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Wire lubricant for cable pull thru conduit
From: "Dick Dievendorff" <dieven@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 17:42:26 -0800
This is great advice, Grant!  I'm going to make a trip to the local
electrical supplier anyway for goop and I'll get some tape as well.

Your suggestion of using THHN rather than Romex is a good one. I can also
common up the ground path that way.  I don't need to operate three rotators
at the same time.  So I can run a pair per rotator plus a common ground, and
probably one CAT5 cable will be good for three rotators' worth of position
info.  I have a prop pitch and a K0XG ring rotator and I plan to add a
TicRing rotator as well.  All will be powered from the garage/shack.  The
run is only 100 feet, so probably #14 is plenty big enough.  Anti chafe
collars is not something I would have thought of, thank you!

I can assemble the gear, cut the wires to length and roll them up.  I could
perhaps put them onto spools of some sort.  I do think the outside area is
the right place to feed the wire in and I'll pull in the garage, it comes up
into a conduit box. No room in the garage for multiple spools.

I'd love to have you come up, but I have to do my homework first.  How about
some time in March?  Weather could suck, though.

Any day of the week is fine, weekends are only academic to me...

73 de Dick, K6KR