[TowerTalk] A quest about Gin Poles

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] A quest about Gin Poles
From: Kevin Elliott <kg0mn@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 13:50:44 -0700 (PDT)
I have purchased all of the item to build my gin pole but I have one question I
am hoping someone can answer.  I have two seven foot pieces of 2" x .250"
aluminum that I am going to use for the gin pole itself.  I also have a 6'
length of 1.750" aluminum that I am going to use for the connector for the two
7' pieces.  Now my question is this; how long should the 1.750" piece of
aluminum be for the slice of the 2" pieces?  I think having 3' in each of the
2" pieces is overkill and will add weight to the device. I was thinking more
along the line of 4' section which allows 2' in each of the sections. Or should
I go with 3' on each piece?

Thanks
Kevin Elliott
KGØMN