Re: [TowerTalk] A quest about Gin Poles

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] A quest about Gin Poles
From: "Patrick Greenlee" <patrick_g@windstream.net>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 17:01:21 -0500
Don, My specific application was an "A" frame (two gin poles) and my friend's concern was letting either leg get "out of column", a malady most observed near the center of the poles. I welded my poll extensions onto both ends of the two legs and am living happily ever after. The triangular tower this was for is 14 feet (not inches) from leg to leg at ground level. It is 4 1/2 inch OD steel tube legs in 20 ft sections with 1/4 inch wall thickness. Two legs are hinged for tilt over. This tower was 100 ft tall with no guys.

Patrick AF5CK

-----Original Message----- From: Don Moman VE6JY