Re: [TowerTalk] Mast Steps

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Mast Steps
From: "Edward Sawyer" <SawyerEd@Earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 18:22:04 -0400
Additional Information:

-          There are 2 antennas on each tower, one at the top of the tower
on the mast at 1 ft above the tower and one 10 ft up the mast.  So an extra
tower section is not an option.  I have to loosen the bottom antenna t allow
the mast to slip in the u-bolts as its lowering.

-          My rotor is 9 ft down the top section.  I attach the cum along
about 3 ft down the mast portion which is in the tower, just under the
thrust bearing inside the tower.  I lift it up just enough to free the rotor
of the weight.  Remove the rotor.  Then start lowering the mast through the
rotor tray hole until the cum along is stopped by the rotor plate.  The mast
is down 5 ft from the starting point.

Ed  N1UR