Re: [TowerTalk] Shielded shack

To: Hans Hammarquist <hanslg@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Shielded shack
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2013 22:51:31 -0700
If it is lightning protection and not RFI shielding that is desired, then what is done for explosive magazines ought to be enough! http://www.seftim.fr/publications/DDESB/17-3-LIGHTNING_PROTECTION_FOR_CRITICAL_EXPLOSIVES_OPERATIONS.pdf has many references, but there are older documents I've seen in prior google searches. e.g. http://www.apd.army.mil/pdffiles/p385_64.pdf Or standards for protection of petroleum storage facilities.

I would also think that foil is a bad choice as a conductor should you have a strike when #2 or larger is what is commonly used in large structures frequently hit.