[TowerTalk] Fwd: Fwd: Shielded shack

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Fwd: Shielded shack
From: Hans Hammarquist <hanslg@aol.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2013 20:36:25 -0400 (EDT)
Yes Jim, the "single point" is not really a single point. In my case it is a
single, conducting panel that has feed-through coax connectors and surge
protections for all other wires coming through the panel. I plan to use gas
discharge for signaling and MOX for power (Done that before with good result.
Yes, it was tested with real lightnings.). The panel will be connected all
around its perimeter  to the shield.

I still don't know what shielding to use. You are right that attenuation for RF
radiation is low for the RF from a lightning strike. Al foil is still
attractive especially as it is readily available (supermarket) but I wonder if
I should add in wire mess as well.

Good I don't have to decide today.

Best 73 de,

Hans - N2JFS