Re: [TowerTalk] heavily rusted anchor bolt/nut

To: kr2q@optimum.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] heavily rusted anchor bolt/nut
From: George Dubovsky <n4ua.va@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2013 07:20:39 -0400
Good morning, Doug,

Heat the nut with a torch - you really can't get it too hot - and throw
some penetrant on the threads while it's hot. Try to wiggle it when it's
hot. If no movement, try a couple cycles of the heating/cooling/Kroil, PB
Blaster, Liquid Wrench, etc. If it still won't move, cut it off with a
sawzall, chisel, oxy/gas torch. I presume you won't be needing that
particular nut again... ;-)

73,

geo - n4ua