Re: [TowerTalk] heavily rusted anchor bolt/nut

To: kr2q@optimum.net,TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] heavily rusted anchor bolt/nut
From: <n0tt1@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2013 14:50:42 +0000
A auto junk yard guy once told me that rusted-on
nuts can be removed by heating the nut with a
torch.  I would think a MAPP gas torch would work
for that.

Or...

Use a nut-cracker.  If none is available in the size you
need, then a series of small holes could be drilled in
one or two *sides* of the nuts, then use a chisel to
finish cracking the nut into pieces.  Those nut-cracking
techniques can also be used together...first the drilling
and then apply a nut cracking tool.

73,
Charlie, N0TT