Re: [TowerTalk] COAX on CRANKUP-how to hang

To: towertalk@contesting.com, patrick_g@windstream.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] COAX on CRANKUP-how to hang
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 12:07:31 -0400 (EDT)
>  I'd love to hear from folks who raise and lower crank-ups  remotely
without
problems as I aspire to be able to do that with two  upcoming tower
installs.

        That's easy - NEVER lower  or raise your tower without being able
to watch the whole thing and hit the stop  button if something hangs up. For
most folks that means standing next to the  tower. I would suggest using a
remote ONLY if you can see everything from some  vantage point (your shack?)
and be able to stop the mechanism quickly.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH -
Professional tower services for amateurs
US Tower factory authorized installer