Re: [TowerTalk] Slipp-Nott

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Slipp-Nott
From: John Becker <johnb3030@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2013 06:18:17 -0600
Tennadyne markets the Slipp-Nott.
> Does anyone on the reflector have real world experience using this
> item. Does it really work?

73
Dave
W1CTN

I had one and I had a very bad experience with it. When the mast slips in the rotor but not in the Slipp-Nott sleeve, the resulting forces are transmitted through the Slipp-Nott brackets to the rotor U-bolts. In my case, this caused the U-bolts to fail, leaving the antenna totally free to rotate in the wind. The Slipp-Nott brackets were totally mangled. On first glance the Slipp-Nott seems to be a good idea, but when you analyze what is going on it is a bad design IMHO.

73,

John, K9MM