Re: [TowerTalk] Slipp-Nott

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Slipp-Nott
From: "Roger (K8RI) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2013 12:38:01 -0500
On 12/20/2013 8:18 AM, john@kk9a.com wrote:
The T10 boom is not that long however I imagine that the log periodic in
not balanced as well as a conventional yagi. Even with some extra torque
from imbalance it not be that difficult to make a mast clamp that does
not slip without having to add outriggers. The Slipp-Nott
http://www.tennadyne.com/slipp_nott.htm [2] appears to use mast sleeves.
It has no finish shown so I am hoping that it is made from stainless
steel.

It appears to be a split mast sleeve with the two halve of the body made of plastic encased in a steel frame. The diagram shows two empty shells. The plastic would deform under pressure, giving an even pressure on the split sleeve/collar . The gripping force can be altered just by tightening the bolts. Depending on the material it looks like an ingenious way to get even gripping all the way around. At least that's what it looks like to me.

73

Roger (K8RI)

John KK9A