Re: [TowerTalk] Guying mast above rotor

To: <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Guying mast above rotor
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2014 22:33:27 -0500
Did you run this though a mast calculator?   This sounds like a self
supporting tower, will it hold up to hurricane winds  If you guy the mast,
you probably should guy the tower as the tower will move otherwise. I would
be more concerned about saving the tower from damage.  BTW, the mast guy
does not need to be a ring, in fact it is probably better if it did not
allow rotation.

73, from snowy North Carolina
John KK9A - W4AAA