Re: [TowerTalk] RT-21 and T2X

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] RT-21 and T2X
From: "Kenneth Goodwin" <krgoodwin@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2014 11:47:15 -0500
Here are the parameters I use on my T2X

SETUP Parameters
     Offset = 180
     Delays = 4  (4 seconds with an allowable range of 1 to 6)
     Min Speed = 2 (overrode in the AC MOTOR max speed setting which starts at
2)
     Max Speed = AC MOTOR
     CCW Limit = 180
     CW Limit = 180
     Option = T2X
     Cal Range = 360
     Mode = Normal
     Ramp = 8  (Default = 3, longer ramp up time set at 8)
     Bright = 6

The AC Motor changes the Speed Controls to a lower Pulse Width Modulated (PWM)
frequency and forces the MAX SPEED to 10 (quote from manual).  So I am not sure
what you are quoting but I have found over the years that a larger Ramp setting
provides the highest probability of unsticking the brake which occurs for me
after high wind speeds have occurred.  Otherwise sometimes to unstick the
brake, I have to attempt to rotate in one direction, then the opposite.  If
that doesn't work I reverse the direction sequence.  At times I've had to
insert a regular CDE control box which allows me to manually command the brake.
 Pulsing the brake control switch usually unsticks the wedge brake.  I've found
that a large Ramp setting also provides the best rotation accuracy since it
really starts slowing down quite a distance from the commanded heading.  The
quantization of the T2X is plus/minus 7 degrees due to the allowed wedge brake
positions so the commanded heading accuracy is very poor d
 ue to the wedge brake design.  Ken K5RG