Re: [TowerTalk] Yaesu Rotors

To: k1ttt@arrl.net, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Yaesu Rotors
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2014 17:57:53 -0700
I did get the 2800SDX controller working properly with a G1000 rotator, interesting that the 2800 controller has the ramp down speed to stop logic/ckts in it and they work ok also.

However, somewhere along the way the rotator was put together with the CW/CCW stop switches not aligned with the internal pot. Before I take it apart (again) to retime it, are there any instructions/posts about how to get that set properly? i.e. going CCW I run out of needle movement at 220 deg and the rotator continues to 180 deg and the switch stop. Since many of the bearing balls always end up loose, I'd rather do this accurately than several trials to retime it.

Note to self - always mark top and bottom case alignments before loosening screws!

btw the mini-Molex connectors on some of the controllers end up with weak/sprung pins, another PITA. Someday, I'll convert all of them and the cables to a decent connector.

Grant KZ1W