Re: [TowerTalk] Tower and Ladder Line Interaction

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower and Ladder Line Interaction
From: Edwin Karl <edk0kl@centurytel.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2014 17:08:04 -0500
Kelley;

I have 450 ohm ladder line about 18 inches from the tower. It feeds an 80 meter inverted Vee centered at 80 feet. I twist the line say 12 times from top to bottom to equalize any interaction with the tower metal. I'm not sure it this is really necessary at HF but I learned to do that with 300 ohm twin lead eons ago installing TV antennas.

I have this up now for 6 or more years, works great. Use a ladder lock for center insulator,
and a pulley at the top so I can lower to the ground to work on it. Enjoy!

73!

ed K0KL