Re: [TowerTalk] Tower and Ladder Line Interaction

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower and Ladder Line Interaction
From: "Roger (K8RI) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2014 22:28:48 -0400
On 7/23/2014 11:53 AM, Richard (Rick) Karlquist wrote:
On 7/23/2014 8:06 AM, Kelley wrote:
he bottom of the tower.

However, I'm concerned about the interaction between the tower and the
ladder line. Some of the info I've read suggests it's not that big of a
deal as long as the ladder line is a few inches from the metal. Other
info I've read suggests otherwise.

Since you said you are using a tuner, you don't care if the line
impedance is changed moderately by the proximity of the tower.
You are probably fine if the spacing to the tower is 2 or 3 times
the wire spacing of the line.  Try to keep balance by putting

Twist it!  Ladder line, TV ribbon, parallel wires should be twisted.

73

Roger (K8RI)
the line broadside to the tower, rather than end wise.  Also
avoid running it adjacent to a leg, rather run it up the face of
the tower.

Again, since you have a tuner, it is very non critical.

Rick N6RK

---
is active.