[TowerTalk] Top Bearing Plate for 55G vs Rotor Plate

To: Towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Top Bearing Plate for 55G vs Rotor Plate
From: Richard Thorne <rthorne@rthorne.net>
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2014 06:34:40 -0500
I'm working on getting the parts together for a Rohn 55g tower.

The Rohn 55g Bearing plate sure is expensive. I see two other possibilities.

1 - Use the less expensive beacon plate and drill a hole for the mast/bearing.
2 - Use a rotor plate for the same purpose.

I plan on having a top bearing, an intermediate bearing then the rotor. I have no idea what the thickness of the Rohn bearing plate is as compared to a beacon or rotor plate. I'm hoping to put up a full size 4 element 40m beam some day, so the system will need to handle a good 300+lbs.

I don't need the guy ears on the top plate as I'm going to leave the top 10 feet unguyed.

If any one has a Rohn bearing plate available let me know. I thought I had found one the other day but it didn't work out.

Thanks

Rich - N5ZC