Re: [TowerTalk] Top Bearing Plate for 55G vs Rotor Plate

To: "john@kk9a.com" <john@kk9a.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Top Bearing Plate for 55G vs Rotor Plate
From: Charlie Gallo <Charlie@TheGallos.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2014 13:02:33 -0400
On 8/12/2014 john@kk9a.com wrote:

> I concur.  There is no reason for three bearings along the mast.

> John KK9A

In  fact,  I'll  go  further  -  there  are  reasons NOT to have three
bearings  along  a  mast,  the  main one being that unless the mast is
perfectly  straight, and you have perfectly lined up the bearings, you
WILL  get binding, unless it is a bearing with play in the mounts, and
then why have it in that situaution

Remember  2  points  determine a line, 3 points a plane.  I see people
make  over  constrained  designs  all  the time, and they only lead to
problems

--
Charlie
www.baysidephoto.com