Re: [TowerTalk] [Bulk] Re: [Bulk] Re: tower insulators

To: "J. Gordon Beattie, Jr., W2TTT" <W2TTT@ATT.NET>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] [Bulk] Re: [Bulk] Re: tower insulators
From: Martin A Flynn <maflynn@theflynn.org>
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2014 13:40:04 -0400
I will be on site with Matthew and Art doing a bit of work on the station itself, so anytime after 10:00 would work.

Re the insulator: I used a grinder to split the metal loop end fitting, leaving a bare fiberglass rod It fits inside a section of Rohn 25, so all I had to do was cross drill for bolts. If I was doing this again, I would use epoxy

Depending on your access to welding equipment* you can make a base plate has tabs to fit the fork end, or use a scrap section of tower and repeat it what you did for the top.

73,
Martin Flynn
W2RWJ.

*Matthew N2UG welded the ladder rack in Radio Room II, so he might be able to help