Re: [TowerTalk] Guy anchors in shallow soil

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Guy anchors in shallow soil
From: Linux Mercedes <linuxmercedes@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2014 12:40:53 -0500
The tower base is a self-designed dirt base; I dug the hole with a 12" auger. It's buried about 36" deep.

I was hoping to end up with an easily-removable tower, but I think concrete anchors are going to be the way I go with this.

Somewhat relatedly, there is one tree maybe 2' in diameter near one of the guy points; do you think I could drill a hole through that and use it as a guy anchor point?