Re: [TowerTalk] Matching network for wire antenna needed

To: gmarks@neo.rr.com, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Matching network for wire antenna needed
From: TexasRF--- via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2014 18:36:51 -0400
Conceptually this could be done using 50 ohm coax stub matching.

Starting with the R +j of the four band segments, a design for each band
series segment can be done. Then starting with the shortest series section,
additional series cables can be added to achieve the proper length for the
remaining three band segments. The junctions of the four series coax
sections can be connected with Tee connectors. Then four shunt stubs  could be
connected by means of suitable relay on the third leg of the Tee  connectors.

I have not done this for the stated application but have used the concept
to switch a 40m beam from cw to phone frequencies with excellent results. In
 this case, only two stubs were switched in/out.

When doing the design, there are multiple solutions with stub matching.
Some solutions require a shorted stub, others require an open stub. One can
visit the various solutions and choose one that minimizes the amount of coax
needed.

As usual, I am only the concept guy; you have to do the work. Transmission
line software will make the job easier.

73,
Gerald K5GW

In a message dated 9/14/2014 8:45:25 A.M. Central Daylight Time,