[TowerTalk] Running feed line and rotor cable together?

To: towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Running feed line and rotor cable together?
From: Chuck Smallhouse <w7cs@theriver.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2014 16:24:57 -0700
For various reasons I wouldn't use "UV Proof" (resistant) cable ties, as I've never found any that were, for any length of time !

Here in So. AZ they are particularly short lived, and even in humid N. CA their life wasn't that much longer.

The gray duct tape separates in Wx quite readily, however the black "Gorilla" type of duct tape is much stronger and seems to survive the changing weather and bright sunlight quite well. Certain varieties of black electrical tape is good if you spray it afterwards with clear Krylon.

For those of you in rural areas, I've used baling wire(used), if you can find it anymore. Two or three loose wraps of that and bending down of the final twist, will hold forever, even when quite rusty. It's soft and very easy to work with. Your heirs and/or your estate executer, will probably need to use "dics" to cut it loose.

Chuck, W7CS