Re: [TowerTalk] Running feed line and rotor cable together?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Running feed line and rotor cable together?
From: Patrick Greenlee <patrick_g@windstream.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2014 10:42:36 -0600
I have a "Band-It" tool that puts metal strap around "stuff" and tensions it as you like under easy control. I use stainless steel strap so if I want something to last it will. The tool is not very expensive and the strap material isn't too bad either considering what it does for you. The strap I use is about 1/2 inch wide so it doesn't dig down into the coax jacket at moderate clamping forces. You don't need to put it on very tight to get good results.

Want to get better results and virtually unlimited life in harsh conditions? Bandit. You don't casually yank a cable and break a strap. The straps are easily removed even after years in a harsh environment. The straps can be reused after a fashion, i.e. longer pieces can be reused as shorter pieces for the economy minded among us. Did I mention my Scottish ancestry? Ulster Scots actually. Frugal, lad, frugal.

Patrick NJ5G