Re: [TowerTalk] [Bulk] Re: RF Ground is a Myth

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] [Bulk] Re: RF Ground is a Myth
From: Patrick Greenlee <patrick_g@windstream.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2015 15:01:28 -0600

Whether the 3 tower leg anchors are sufficient? I would hesitate to say, They are close enough to each other that they "probably" act more like a single, large ground, or electrode than multiple units

73

Roger (K8RI)

I'm confused...    (still, yet, again...)

There are recommendations to place ground rods (8 footers) 8 ft apart in a circle (octagon.) If my 14 ft apart Ufer grounds are too close together so as to act as a single point, what about the 8 ft rods 8 ft apart?

Patrick    NJ5G