Re: [TowerTalk] [Bulk] Antenna to Shack Ground Connection

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] [Bulk] Antenna to Shack Ground Connection
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2015 11:03:45 -0800
On Tue,2/3/2015 1:14 AM, Bryan Swadener via TowerTalk wrote:
When I erected my tower, my PE (a ham who was recommended by TT people) wrote:

"Each tower leg shall be bonded to one ground electrode minimum using 2/0 or
equivalent wire"
I presume he knows of what he writes.

Never a good assumption to base actual knowledge on "credentials," which only mean that he passed an exam, perhaps several decades ago, often right after finishing college, and usually emphasizing the discipline that he hope to practice. If he's a PE practicing Structural Engineering, which is the discipline most likely to be designing tower installations, there's a good chance his knowledge of EE is limited to nothing more than common practice.

Jim Lux, W6RMK, has given us the real science on the topic. Why are we still talking about it?

73, Jim K9YC