Re: [TowerTalk] Beverage Antenna

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Beverage Antenna
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2015 10:55:29 -0800
On Tue,2/3/2015 5:39 AM, Patrick Greenlee wrote:
That is the essence of my interest in the effect of having some parallel grounded conductors (5 strand barbed wire fence with steel posts) a short (TBD) distance below the beverage antenna. I'm curious to know if the fence would act similar to good conductivity dirt WRT Beverage performance.

NO! Beverages work because of the DIFFERENCE between the characteristics of propagation above the earth and in the earth.

73, Jim K9YC