Re: [TowerTalk] Cutting a FT-240 type 33...in half ??

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Cutting a FT-240 type 33...in half ??
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2015 23:47:27 -0800
On Mon,2/9/2015 9:55 PM, Jim Thomson wrote:
Can a 2.4 inch OD, 1.4 inch ID, type 33 toroid  be cut in half, edges sanded,
then  placed around the existing  4-5 turns of 393 coax, then
held together via glue, ty-raps, both, or some other method ???

Whether or not this would work depends entirely upon the flatness and flatness of the cuts, and how small you managed to make the air gap based on that flatness. What you're describing sounds like the home brew equivalent of a clamp-on. If it were me, I'd try for a solution using standard parts.

BTW -- I hope you mean #31 -- #33 is a rather different material.

73, Jim K9YC