[TowerTalk] Hardline - Direct Bury or Conduit ?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Hardline - Direct Bury or Conduit ?
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2015 23:50:49 -0800
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2015 16:24:47 -0800
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Hardline - Direct Bury or Conduit ?

We have a few squirrels, rats, mice, skunks, deer, bobcat,
coyote, and mountain lion.

73, Jim K9YC

Around here, I'd dare not leave cables laying on the ground.  They need
protection from critters, people, and equipment.  At one time I had the
coax from two long UHF Yagi TV antennas enter the NEMA box about 2'
above the ground.  When the snow became deep enough for rodents to reach
the coax they chewed one off and about half way through the other with
the braid exposed all the way around.

73

Roger (K8RI)

##  Clearly what you folks require is something like an AR-15
chambered in the new .204 ruger format.  Then fill the magazines
with Hornady 40 grain Vmax.  3900 fps out of the barrel.
Flattest shooting round now in existence.  The folks in VE6
land can easily take out coyotes at 510 yards.  A  3-9 X
power scope is probably ample.  That plus the red laser.
That round with almost any brand of rifle will easily shoot
a sub MOA group at 100 yards,  typ .25 inch grouping.

##  just don’t do something stupid, like miss..and hit the coax,
guy wires, neighbours cat, misc nema boxes mounted at ground level,
or anything else important.

Jim   VE7RF