[TowerTalk] Fwd: Aluminum towers -- can you really "walk one up"?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Aluminum towers -- can you really "walk one up"?
From: Hans Hammarquist via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2015 20:36:26 -0400
Hi Tom,

If you don't put to much heavy stuff on the tower before you walk it up it
should be OK. Just for your comparison, I have an 85 feet aluminum tower and
the total weight of the tower, empty is 300 lb. It's tapered so the heavier
section are at the bottom. No, I didn't walk this tower up but I easily carried
around the top 40 feet during the assembly of the tower and could, probably
have raised the by myself as a 40 foot tower, had I done that.

Good luck with your installation and best 73 de,

Hans - N2JFS