Re: [TowerTalk] Messages end up in Spam Folder

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Messages end up in Spam Folder
From: "Wes Attaway (N5WA)" <wes@attawayforensics.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2015 19:49:40 -0600
I use Outlook on my computer and, as reported by others, the SPAM problem has been a big problem since last summer. No help appears to be available from anyone. There is some kind of handshaking problem between Yahoo and the Contesting.com servers. It should be fixable but no admin seems to care.

As a workaround, I deleted my previous account on Contesting.com and joined with a new login name that uses my other e-mail address that goes through Bluehost rather than Yahoo. The Bluehost acount relays everything to my Yahooo/Bellsouth account and it does not get spammed.

The only problem is that if I want to reply to a list message I have to log on to my Bluehost account and do the reply. This works fine but it is a little inconvenient. However, it does eliminate the spam problem for incoming mail via Yahoo. Yahoo and Contesting.com servers do not like each other, for some reason. It is a really silly problem and someone at Contesting.com should fix it.

Wes Attaway - N5WA
wes@attawayforensics.com