Re: [TowerTalk] 90 degree coax bend atop a crankup tower

To: <K7LXC@aol.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 90 degree coax bend atop a crankup tower
From: "Peter Dougherty \(W2IRT\)" <contesting@w2irt.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2015 14:34:24 -0400
Just old. They went up 10 years ago (Oct. 2005), two have actual splices
with barrel connectors in them and this bend. No SWR issues or anything. All
RG-213/U non-contaminating jacket, 95%+ braid. The cable bundle has been up
and down hundreds of times, bundles lay on the ground and even in the snow
in the winter since there's no really good way to secure them with the tower
down. I'm guessing they're nearing the end of life by now.
I had thought about putting up LDF4-50 hardline but was dissuaded from doing
so by a number of people I trust-I have a 40' run from the shack to the
switchbox and four 75 to 90' runs up the tower to the Yagis (and 80m vee).

- pjd