Re: [TowerTalk] Tuning vertical SWR-Analyzer vs SWR bridge

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tuning vertical SWR-Analyzer vs SWR bridge
From: Phillip Zminda <phil-z@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2015 22:33:25 -0400
I do have a local AM station about 3 miles away but only 2500 watts daytime and
500 at night. They are off from midnight to 6:00AM and I did check the antenna
with the AIM during quiet hours with no change. I really suspected that could
be the issue also. I also tried both short and long coax cables to the
analyzers but no big difference. I suspect a problem in the antenna but wonder
why the analyzers and SWR meters are so different. I will probably have to
check the seal on the traps.

Thanks,

Phil N3ZP