Re: [TowerTalk] LPFM STL

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] LPFM STL
From: N1BUG <paul@n1bug.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2015 06:49:06 -0400
I haven't been following this thread closely, but are we only talking about going 100 feet? That is nothing for wireless. I have a very stable 5.6 mile wireless network link that supports 30 Mbps 24x7x365. It uses Ubiquiti Bullet HP radios and 24 dBi dishes at each end, but I've turned the power way down because full power gives -47 dBm signals - much more than needed. Admittedly system cost was around $300.

Newer 2x2 MIMO devices should double the speed.

Paul