Re: [TowerTalk] [Bulk] Re: Phillystran

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] [Bulk] Re: Phillystran
From: Patrick Greenlee <patrick_g@windstream.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2015 07:23:06 -0500

On 10/22/2015 8:58 PM, Steve Maki wrote:
And regardless of what typical applications might be, why would anyone knowingly use a termination substantially weaker than the cable itself?

-Steve K8LX
What if If the working tension was significantly less than the strength of the multiple saddle clamp arrangement? (I acknowledge the shortcomings of saddle clamp terminations of Phillystran)

The Phillystran in this lashup would be significantly stronger than required and would not likely be the most cost effective selection in a cost sensitive production environment but... If the user, like myself, finds himself with "scraps/leftovers" from guys cut to size then why not use the over-sized material and save some money?

I'm not tilting at windmills here just answering Steves question,

...why would anyone knowingly... Because it works and is cost effective.

Patrick        NJ5G