Re: [TowerTalk] [Bulk] Re: Climber harness ???

To: "Douglas Ruz (CO8DM)" <co8dm@frcuba.co.cu>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] [Bulk] Re: Climber harness ???
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2015 11:48:26 -0800
I bought an on sale 2 D ring harness, shock absorbing lanyards and rebar hooks (fits around tower legs) from whitecap.com. Quality was good and total cost was around $250. They have many choices. For the deluxe setup consider a tree climbing rig from from a forestry supplier, more D rings, padded seat, but 3 to 6x the price. These links will give you an idea of what to buy.

http://www.whitecap.com/shop/p/protecta-pro-sm-construction-harness-with-back---side-d-rings-hip-pad---belt-tongue-buckle-leg-straps-1191208

http://www.whitecap.com/shop/p/protecta-pro-pack-6-100%25-tie-off-twin-leg-shock-absorbing-lanyard-with-carabiners-1340060 (one lanyard always attached when climbing, goes to rear D ring)

http://www.whitecap.com/shop/p/guardian-2-3-8-3600-lb-ansi-gate-rebar-hook-01823

In addition to the above a short tie to tower line is needed when not climbing. Thru and/or around the tower back to the D rings. Frequently 1/2" nylon rope to locking carabiners.

Grant KZ1W