Re: [TowerTalk] Grounds, 'remote' towers, 'house' power system

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Grounds, 'remote' towers, 'house' power system
From: "john@kk9a.com" <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2016 11:58:04 -0500
I do exactly that. I also use ground kits on the Heliax at both the tower
and shack ends.

John KK9A

To:     StellarCAT <rxdesign@ssvecnet.com>
From:   Kelly Taylor <ve4xt@mymts.net>
Date:   Wed, 13 Jan 2016 08:54:43 -0600

I recall previously someone made mention of using multiple single-point
grounds
when dealing with distant towers: heavy grounding at the tower, with all
shields and grounds grounded at the base (as well as the top), and then
running
the coax and control cables to another SPG at the house.

Iirc, the thought was a ground strap, unless infinitely sized, would be, at
best, useless over too great a span anyway.

I think the idea also was to put arresters at both the tower base and house
entry panel.

Anyone recall?

73, Kelly
ve4xt