Re: [TowerTalk] My first tower section is not plumb...

To: Ron W8RJL <youngron@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] My first tower section is not plumb...
From: Larry Loen <lwloen@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2016 23:21:28 -0700
Simple math says 3 inches is 1/4 of a foot.  1/4 of a foot divided into 40
feet is 0.00625 or a shade over half a per cent.

Now, I am not an engineer and I haven't calculated the stresses involved.
But, it is quite possible that any cure will be worse than the disease.

Before doing any tampering with the tower, I'd get competent engineering
advise.  Weakening the legs to straighten the tower that little bit might
actually be a poor trade-off.

WO7R