[TowerTalk] Propagation vs high-performance station

To: towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Propagation vs high-performance station
From: dw <bw_dw@fastmail.fm>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2016 06:34:07 -0800
I had an enjoyable 40m cw qso with a VK station this morning before I
had to run off to work.
He had just barely started calling and I happened to be the first to
hear and respond.
It turned out he was new to cw and I was his first ever cw qso.
He was sitting in his car, parked in his driveway.

We didn’t have time to exchange wattage and antennas.
So I can only surmise that he was working with a car mounted vertical
etc.

But it occurred to me that propagation must have been favoring him.
It’s interesting to contemplate which is more the determining factor
from one qso to the next.
Whether propagation is the determining factor vs the high-performance
station.

But I still believe chance favors the prepared mind :-]
--
 Bw_dw@fastmail.net