Re: [TowerTalk] PEX tubing for antenna spacers?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] PEX tubing for antenna spacers?
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2016 08:43:51 -0800
On Sat,3/12/2016 8:28 AM, Larry Banks wrote:
(The white stuff that I have microwave tested is not UV resistant, so there is
a question about how long it will last outside.)

As it is very light weight and seems to be fairly rigid, it looks like a good
candidate for this purpose.  Any experience with this stuff out there?

Most PVC conduit is labeled as "UV resistant," and the spacers I've made using 1/2-in PVC conduit has held up fairly well. I wouldn't put stress on it, but it works for a pretty long time as spacers. PVC conduit is so cheap and easy to cut and drill, why would you want to use something that probably has no UV resistance?

73, Jim K9YC