Re: [TowerTalk] Coax above ground

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Coax above ground
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2016 11:22:00 -0700
On Sat,3/19/2016 10:50 AM, Drax Felton wrote:
Sounds good to me.   Commercial sites do it.

ALL of my coax runs through a dense redwood forest are laying on the ground. The runs to my tower are hard line, mostly 7/8-in. There are 200+ ft runs of Commscope plenum RG213 to a couple of 160M verticals, and Commscope RG6 (not flooded) running to Beverages. When there's a splice between sections of hard line (all of my hard line is scrounged from various sources) the splice is bent or otherwise supported so that it's elevated a foot or so to prevent intrusion of moisture.

The Beverage coaxes have been in place for 9 years, the others for about 6 years. I'm not aware of any issues. The Beverage coax runs were difficult, not easy to pull, and I'm 9 years older, but I should probably do it.

73, Jim K9YC